Neljanda nädala ülesanne.
1) Salvestada järjest ühte faili terve Eesti tähestiku jagu tähti! Puhastada, soovi järgi töödelda ja siis jagada see tähe kaupa üksikuteks mp3 failideks!
Minu loetud tähestik asub siin.
Tähestiku mäng asub siin.
Tehnilistel põhjustel on need ajutiselt ftp´ga üles laaditud Maris Maripu kontole.
2) Luua heliklipp, milles kombineerite oma kõnet, taustamuusikat ja ehk veel mingeid klippe. Kas loete luulet, reklaamite midagi, selgitate mõnda loodusnähtust vms. Mida kooliga seotum, seda parem! Ehk siis multitrack töötlus!
Heliklipp A. H. Tammsaare miniatuur “Ühele noorele neiule” asub Podomaticus siin. Muusika on pärit siit.
Olin seda teksti ka varem sisse lugenud ja helindanud, aga paraku Aviarys, kus nüüd seda enam ei ole.
- Write a short analysis about applicability of copying restrictions – whether you consider them useful, in which cases exceptions should be made etc.
If we talk about digital rights and digital restrictions it sounds better “digital rights”. I personally prefer free licensing. Maybe sometimes have to restrict something but better is if everybody can use all content freely. In this occasion we have better materials – everybody can improve and upgrade them. I like that I can use compatible resources, not otherwise. The risks are monopolies on file formats, interoperability, insecurity and freedom of speech.
- What could the software licensing landscape look like in 2020? Write a short (blogged) predictive analysis.
The World of Proprietary Software is very variegated. I learned that there are commercial proprietary software, shareware, freeware, public domain, Microsoft shared source and questionable stuff like trends of greed, vendor lock-in, pig in a bag and abandonware. Some of them were quite new, I had never thought about this issue. Now I know that freeware and free software are different terms. It was interesting to read that “the phrase READ CAREFULLY /–/ means “IGNORE THIS.” That’s because the small print is unchangeable and outrageous,” said the aticle. Because of any practice with DOS games I had not even idea that them cannot be run on newer versions of MS Windows.
But what could the software licensing landscape look like in 2020 I can not predict. Although it is in eight year there can appear many different developments. As an Estonian language teacher I have no any contact with this kind of licenses. I’ll look forward to the future.
Seda postitust alustan tsitaadiga Oskar Lutsu “Kevadest”: “Kui Arno isaga koolimajja jõudis, olid tunnid juba alanud.” Sest kui mina oma tööd alustasin, oli enamikul see juba tehtud. Niisiis sain kasutada õpivõrgustiku eeliseid ning nende pealt veidi piiluda. Sama teost mainis ka Taimi, tuues näiteks Imeliku ja Kuslapi (mitte Visaku) “võrgustikutöö”. Jätka lugemist
- Find a good example of the “science business” described above and analyse it as a potential factor in the Digital Divide discussed earlier. Is the proposed connection likely or not? Blog your opinion.
The paradigm is shifted because the new resource – information – is very important to all of us. Information never disappear and we can reproduce it by copying. This is not like in the old days when the resources were only material. I think in science business can play a big role digitalised materials which are readily available and this may cause digital divide. Probably I have to know more about science and business to find a good example and explain it better.
- Study licensing in another field than media/software (e,g. robotics, pharmaceutical industry etc) and compare it to the software and online content licensing.
Licenses are used on learning materials. When the teacher creates learning material, he/she puts on it a license that prohibits or provides certain rights. These are the copyright and Creative Commons licenses.
Based on main types of licenses, it can be said that the licenses can be, for example:
- non-exclusive license – CC licenses.
- exclusive license – like copyright.
- absolute license – maybe like the Public Domain.
- sublicense – CC licenses.
I dare not to analyze other areas, because I do not know them enough. To compare, I have to delve more into the topic. I think it is better to deal with what is needed in my everyday life, even though the new areas are very interesting, too.